The expertise of EUROFISH includes the entire spectrum of the post-harvest handling of the catch, as well as aquaculture and trade and markets. The type of activities implemented as projects include market and sector studies and surveys, transfer of know-how through organising conferences, workshops and training courses, and the production of new publications.
Thanks to its highly professional and dedicated staff, as well as a large network of experts and contacts in Central and Eastern Europe, the Mediterranean and Balkan countries, EUROFISH is a partner of choice for many fisheries and aquaculture related projects, especially for its member countries. The EUROFISH staff is fluent in 12 European languages (Bulgarian, Croatian, Danish, English, French, Italian, Latvian, Norwegian, Romanian, Russian, Swedish, and Ukrainian).
Eurofish project activities focus on four core areas: Post-havest Fisheries, Aquaculture, Trade and Markets, and Dissemination. A selection of current projects are listed below as are some of our past projects.
- EUMOFA - The European Market Observatory for Fisheries and Aquaculture Products
- Perform fish - Horizon 2020 - Enhancement of competitiveness for seabass and seabream
- Edible crab - utilisation of edible crab bycatch
- Lipid Network - improved utilisation and added value of fish by-products for human consumption
- Bangfish - DANIDA - achieving green growth for farmed panga and tilapia in Bangladesh
- Seafood trade pattern analysis - Norwegian Seafood Council
For a list of previous projects, have a look at our past projects section.